Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do any women use Ortho Tri-Cylen as a way to stop/slow facial hair?

My doctor recently prescribed it to me (i've been on a lower dose birth control for it) and said it would work better, but i know it's a stronger dose of birth control. Does anyone else use it as a way to stop/slow facial hair? And has it worked well? Were there any major side effects? Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!Do any women use Ortho Tri-Cylen as a way to stop/slow facial hair?
I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen before and there were no major side effects for me. I've been on Yasmin, Yaz, and another brand... something like Alees (not sure on exact name) and they have all worked fine for me. I have never experience any increase/decrease in hair growth. My hair is very distinctive on my skin tone so I would notice if there was a change. Of course all of the side effects depends on your health status like being a smoker, etc. If anything, oral contraceptive has help stabilize my menstrual cramps. I use to get major cramps before the pills and now it is tolerable. Good luck!Do any women use Ortho Tri-Cylen as a way to stop/slow facial hair?
birth control pills contain levels of the hormone progesterone or a combination of estrogen and progesterone. What it does is exert negative feedback, or in other words, inhibit androgens, such as testosterone that is causing your facial hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment